Cary Canter 10k 2017
15 October 2017
The Cary Canter (or should that be Cary Crippler) is the most gruelling of all our race series events. Its tough, muddy nad has a multi terrain course with stunning country views. It has a challenging hilly route taking in breath taking views of Glastonbury Tor, King Alfred’s Tower and Bruton Lodge Hill Fort. Regular participants love this event for its mud, hills and rough terrain.
The race starts and finishes at Caryford Fitness and Leisure Centre, where you will have use of the changing rooms, showers and toilets. Runners of all abilities (including walkers) are welcome.
Runners of all abilities are welcome at the event.
Event Info for 10k
- Registration - 8.15am (race numbers and timing chips to be collected on race day)
- Entry fee - Affiliated & 1610 members = £14/ Unaffiliated = £16 (£2 extra on the day)
- Start time - 10.00am (9.00am for walkers)
- Minimum age of 15 (16 on or before 31/12/17)
- Finishers medals and age group prizes
Event Info for Junior 1k Fun Run
- Registration - 9.00am (register and pay your entry fee)
- Entry fee - £2 (to be paid on day)
- Start time - 10.15am
- Medals for all runners
Part of the 1610 Race Series
The Cary Canter 10k is part of the 1610 Race Series, consisting of four 10k races, a sprint triathlon and our family 5k and 2k fun run - which are all located across the counties of Somerset and Dorset.
By taking part in the 1610 Race Series you are fundraising for your local 1610 leisure centre, providing sports and leisure facilities for the whole community.
Sponsoring the Shepton Mallet 10k
We are keen to work with brands and companies who are looking to engage and support our 1610 Race Series runners, their supporters and the wider South West community. For all enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 01823 410228.
Got a question?
Please get in touch with Emma Warr on 01823 410124 or email email@example.com.