Hogweed Trot 10k 2017 - 22 May 2017
The race is now full so there will be no entries on the day. We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday.
Due to high demand we have increased the number of race entrants from 450 to 500 but we only have 450 medals and these will be awarded to the first 450 people who entered the race.
The race is held in memory of Kevin McConville a greatly missed member of the Hogweed Trotters who died unexpectedly in the Autumn of 2008.
Chip timing: The race will be chip timed. Please collect your number and chip, before the race starts at 7pm, from race HQ at Yate Town Football Club from 5.30pm. No chip will mean no time will be recorded. At the finish, please hand in your chip.
Race HQ: Yate Town Football Club, Lodge Road, Yate, Bristol, BS37 7LE.
Parking, toilets, bar and limited changing facilities are available.
There will be a supervised facility to leave baggage at your own risk. The organisers and sponsors will not be held responsible for any damage or loss to your property.
The Course: A flat, fast course on quiet rural roads. There will be kilometre markers along the route.
Results: Results will be available the evening of the race at www.dbmax.co.uk. Runners will be able to obtain an individual print out of their time, immediately after the race, at Race HQ.
Entries On The Day: Entries on the day will be accepted at Race HQ (until capacity of 450 runners reached).
The Race: Starts at 7.00 pm. The distance from the Race HQ to the start line, just past the Fox Pub on Broad Lane, is approximately 200 metres.
Pace makers: Five pace makers will run the Trot to assist runners achieve sub 40 minutes, sub 45 minutes, sub 50 minutes, sub 55 minutes and sub 1 hour.
Race Awards: Presentation to commence at 8.15pm. Prizes - one per runner.
Prizes to: 1st three men and 1st three ladies 1st lady under 18 and 1st male under 18
LV40, LV50, LV60 MV40, MV50, MV60
Medals to all finishers Spot prizes (£50 prize for course record)
iPods/ MP3/ Personal music: Forbidden to be used by all runners during the race.
**AVON COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS
AVON ATHLETIC ASSOCATION RULES: You qualify to enter Avon Championships events and to compete for Avon (or Avon and Somerset) teams, if:
- You were born in the County of Avon as it existed between 1974 and 1996: i.e. in the local authority areas of Bristol, Bath and North-East Somerset, South Gloucestershire or North Somerset.
- or: Your mother was normally domiciled in Avon at the time of your birth but you were born elsewhere (e.g. medical emergency)
- or: You have had permanent residence in the County for the past nine months (sorry, being at a boarding school in the County does not count)
- or: You are in the Armed Services and your home base for the past nine months is in the County
You qualify to enter Avon Championships events but NOT to compete for Avon teams, if:
- You do not qualify by birth or residence, but go to a school or college in Avon (some other counties may not allow this concession)
You may still qualify for Teams or Championships, if:
- You gained qualification by residence and competed in Championships or teams: even if you have moved out of the County, you keep this qualification until you have competed in the Championships / teams of another County
You do NOT qualify for Teams or Championships, if:
- You belong to an Avon club without meeting any of the requirements stated above
NOTE: You may only compete in the Championships / Teams of one County in any one calendar year.
Registration open from: 17:30:00