Junior Triathlon - 24 June 2017
Tri Star Categories:
Tri Stars 1 (age 9-10 years) - 150m Swim - 1600m Cycle - 900m Run
Tri Stars 2 (ages 11-12 years) - 200m Swim - 2200m Cycle - 1500m Run
Tri Stars 3 (ages 13-15 years) - 250m Swim - 2200m Cycle - 2000m Run
IMPORTANT NOTICE - FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS SLICK TYRES CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS EVENT.
Specific Tri Star Rules
These extra rules are written for children and their parents/guardians/accompanying adults, they are intended to help make children’s events safe and enjoyable.
- No filming or photography will be allowed during the event unless you have signed the authorisation sheet on photography and filming at the registration table. We will endeavour to have an official photographer present
- Helmets must be worn throughout the cycle – this will be checked prior to the race by transition marshals.
- It is the responsibility of the child’s Parent’s/Guardian’s/Accompanying adult’s to ensure the competitor’s bike is in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- Aero bars (handlebar extensions) must not be fitted to bikes. (Please note that mountain bike bar-ends are acceptable) all handlebars must be plugged.
- Bikes must be properly fitted and serviceable tyre wheels, gears and controls. No slick tyres are allowed. They must have a working brake on both wheels. This will be checked at transition by Marshalls. Your child may be refused entry if their bike does not comply with these rules.
- Competitors must be visible to Marshalls at all times.
- In order to avoid accidents, safeguard equipment and protect personal possessions, competitors must not bring helpers, friends or family members into any transition area when the race is in progress.
- All spectators will be required to stand behind the barriers at all times.
Registration (held in the school gymnasium) will open at 09.00am with Competitor and Parent Briefing at 10.00am.
- Refreshments will be available by Centre vending machines.
- Changing rooms and toilets are available at Huish Episcopi Leisure Centre.
- Car parking is available FREE of charge on site.
- Prize giving will be held in the school gymnasium or outside weather dependant.
- The site is a non-smoking site.
- No dogs are allowed on site except guide dogs
- No alcohol is allowed on site
|Tri Star 1 (9 - 10 years)||27-Mar-2017||19-Jun-2017||£12.00|
|Tri Star 2 (11 - 12 years)||27-Mar-2017||19-Jun-2017||£12.00|
|Tri Star 3 (13 - 15 years)||27-Mar-2017||19-Jun-2017||£12.00|
Registration open from: 09:00:00