Newbridge Fields - BCRL Fixture 5
14 August 2018
Bridgend County Running League : Race 5 : Newbridge Fields
Tuesday 14th August 2018 – 7:00pm start : Organised by Brackla Harriers
The 5th fixture of the Bridgend Running League will be from the Athletics Track on Newbridge Fields on a 2 lap course across and around the fields, the A48, woodland path and track and return to the track.
- Car Parking is free at the nearby HALO Life Centre or other car parks are available in the nearby town centre. Please park responsibly in the area.
- NOTE: THERE IS NO ENTRY ON THE NIGHT– Entries close at 9pm on Sunday 12th August
- Runners pay £5 and collect their numbers from the trackside clubhouse from 6:00pm. (Postcode CF31 4AD or click https://bridgendac.wordpress.com/contact-us)
- There is changing, showers and toilets available, and baggage can be left at owners risk behind the Admin Desk but NO VALUABLES PLEASE.
- The start and finish is on the track outside the clubhouse, with a race briefing just before the start. The course is 5.7km approx (3.5 miles)
- The route will be marked with arrows and barrier tape and marshals at key points around the course St Johns Ambulance are in attendance.
- Please be aware that we share the park with the public and there will be other users will be using the park/footpaths on the day. No litter please.
- Presentations at the Bridgend Tennis club a short 200 metre distance from the clubhouse track from 8:15pm ish to the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd male & female, where there will also be refreshments for entrants FREE OF CHARGE of doughnuts, bananas and a drink at the bar (on production of race number).
- Note: As ever there is a possibility that the underfoot conditions on the Footpath and Woodland Trail will be damp and some runners will prefer studded footwear. You are advised to check out the course in advance. Spiked footwear is NOT advisable due to the sections of tarmac.
- Any competitor who has concerns about a safety aspect on the course should bring it to the attention of the organisers and/or the Referee immediately. If the issue cannot be resolved satisfactorily the competitor will be advised not to participate in the event.
Registration open from: 18:00:00