Oldbury 10 Miler 2019
01 September 2019
Thornbury Running Club’s Oldbury 10 miler will be held on Sunday 01st September 2019 at 10.30 a.m.
Entries open on the 01/05/2019 and is the 3rd event hosted by Thornbury Running Club.
We have staged it 2 weeks before the Bristol half marathon to give you an ideal pre-half training run and please be aware the race has sold out for the last 2 years.
The accurately measured course is on a quiet figure of 8 course on the outskirts of Thornbury where you will be well looked after by Thornbury Running Club’s friendly and encouraging marshals.
Race HQ is at Oldbury Power Station (BS35 1RQ).
We have been given permission for onsite parking in the large on-site car park. Special instructions will be issued closer to event time, but should there be any safety issues we will revert back to the field.
- Entries will be available through Full on Sport website only.
- There are 500 places available and it is very likely the event will sell out quickly, so we do not envisage entries on the day.
- Race Start is at Oldbury Power Station.
- Race numbers with attached chips will be issued on the day from Race HQ.
- Registration will be from 09.00 with the Race starting at 10.30
- We are waiting to hear if we are hosting the Avon Championship again this year
- Transfers are allowed until the 26th August and are to be handled by the individual using the Full-on Sport page.
- Anyone found running under a different name will be disqualified.
- There is no waiting list.
- Minimum Age 17 Years.
- Please bear in mind you are running on open roads and we reserve the right to Disqualify you if wearing head phone (s)
We had our 1st wheel chair athlete last year and although the course is pitted around mile 6-7 we will do our utmost to clear debris the day before. So if you are a wheelchair athlete please enter but let us know before the date.
- Team and individual prizes in all major categories.
- The race will be run under ARC Rules & UK Athletics (Permits applied for).
- Check the Thornbury running club web site or Facebook for more instructions and any updates before race day
Important information regarding race day: -
- Start /Finish is at the Power station but most of the road is on the public highway, please follow marshals’ instructions at all times
- Baggage desk and changing facilities will be available at the Power Station
- The club accept no responsibility for missing/damage to items within bags.
- There will be plenty of water available on the course and at the HQ.
- There will be a sweep runner to make sure no one is left behind.
- There will be parking available but please car share where possible.
- No showers available
Power Station Road
Registration open from: 09:00:00