The 10k Dirty Devil Stampede
21 January 2018
ENTRIES OPEN ON 1ST FEBRUARY
Minimum age for this event is 14
Welcome to the Dirty Devil Stampede - 10k
This multi terrain run of 5k, 10k or 15kish (1, 2 or 3 loops) takes you around the iconic location of the Bovington Tank training ground, land reserved for army training only to which we have secured the ultimate in mud running events in the South West.
Located just 1 mile away from the amazing Bovington Tank Museum and just a few miles away from Monkey World there is plenty for the family to do while you get yourself tagged as one Dirty Devil.
The Dirty Devil Stampede is held over the Army’s vehicle testing tracks so expect it to be gritty and interesting! You encounter trails, hills, mud, a lot of water, the sheep dip and the knife edge! So whats not to like?
It’s tough, sure, but we know you wouldn’t like it any other way.
Either enter as an individual or round up some mates and enter as a group.
There are prizes for the top 3 Male & Female competitors.
Entries close when we sell out – and we will, so don’t delay. We’re sure you are tough enough – see you on the start line!
A 2018 Dirty Devil custom Buff & Finishers Medal & Bottle will be given to all who complete the course.
Early bird PLUS entries from 1st February for the first 50 in each distance
5k – £10
10k – £12.50
15k – £15
Standard Entry to midnight on 31st December
5k – £20
10k – £25
15k – £30
Late entry from 1st January 2018
5k – £30
10K – £35
15K – £40
All distances are "ish" measurements and we will be guided by the army on the day if the routes need to change so be it - whatever race you choose we guarantee you'll enjoy it :)
Your race numbers will be sent in the post, this will have your timing chip on it, please look after it when it arrives.
Check out the videos from previous races -
Minimum age for this event is 14
No showers on site, bring a change of clothes and a towel, you may (will) need both!
Entry to site will close at 11:30 so you have plenty of time to get parked, changed and attend the race briefing at 11:50 – the race will start at 12:00 even if you are not there.
There will be a water station after the first loop, if you need more hydration of any kind, please bring a bottle.
Hot drinks and food will be available on site, bring some money for a bacon roll and a cuppa afterwards, mmmm……
If you have an allergy to mud, fun, can’t get a scrape or two without a visit to A&E don’t like the cold, hills or laughter then I think you may not want to attend. If all of the above ticks your boxes then enter now – we will see you in January – in the mud with a grin on our faces
When you have finished you will be presented with your custom Buff, Amazing medal and BustinSkin Dirty Devil water bottle.
Here is a list of things to remember for this race -
1. Make your club team stand out. Bring supporters. Wear something bright.
2. Fancy dress is encouraged/welcomed/mandatory!
3. Inflatable friends are also welcome - crocodiles, sheep, rubber rings, hammers and the like.
4. If you have no-one to race with then tell loved ones "If you loved me you would take part!" blackmail is encouraged!
5. This is a once a year opportunity, time to shed those Christmas pounds. So put some effort in!!!
6. There will be refreshments at the end, bring some money for hot food & drinks.
7. The Stampede is chip timed, Numbers will be posted to you in time for the race - get there early to sort yourselves out.
8. You run as individuals and the top three in your team to cross the line count - that way you can leave Mr & Mrs FatKnacker at their own pace.
9. All finishers will receive a custom Dirty Devil Buff, Custom Dirty Devil Medal and drinks bottle too.
10. All distances are 'ish measured! so we're working on the basis of a short, medium or long run - Garmin and Strava freaks, I know, this will turn your world upside down if it isn't measured to the n'th degree but really, you need to get over that!!
If the above twists your melons then counselling will be on hand in the form of a big MTFU pill and man hugs :)
2017 Race Brief - 2018 will be much the same :)
HERE IS A LINK TO THE RACE HQ MAP - HEAD FOR CLOUDS HILL - King George V Rd, Bovington, Dorset BH20 7NQ - CONTINUE ON THAT ROAD UNTIL YOU REACH THE NOISE!
|Early Bird Plus 10k||01-Feb-2017||03-Feb-2017||£12.50|
|10k From 1st January||01-Jan-2018||14-Jan-2018||£35.00|
King George V Road
Registration open from: 00:00:00