'Beat the Sun' Cleveland Way Challenge
26 July 2020
We welcome you to our charity fundraiser, The 'Beat The Sun' Cleveland Way Challenge in support of Dementia UK and Cornwallis Care Services Ltd. On Sunday 26th July, we will take on the epic challenge of running the whole length of The Cleveland Way (109 miles) as a team relay from Helmsley to Filey.
Read Emma's story on raising money for her Grandad:
Experience the varied landscape of the North York Moors National Park on a journey across breathtaking heather moorland and dramatic coastline. We aim to beat the Sun and finish in Filey before 9:15 pm, support Emma and her family on the last leg and celebrate in style at the finish with a party to end a truly epic challenge.
How does it work?
- Fill out the entry system and answer the questions regarding distance, current fitness, and availability on the day of the challenge. 100% of your entry fee will be going to the above charities.
- Once we receive this information we will group you with runners of similar ability (up to 6 runners in a group) and matching availability on the same legs. We will send you a confirmation email outlining the full details of your leg and arrange a zoom meeting prior to the day.
- On the day you will be required to provide your own transport. Remember you will be running from point A to B, therefore, each participant will require their own transport/car share. All participants are invited to join the celebrations at Filey beach at the end of the day (approx 9-10 pm finish time).
Start time/location: 5:30 am at Cleveland Way, Helmsley, York, YO62 5AZ
Finish time/location: 9-10 pm at 1 Flat Cliffs, Primrose Valley, Filey, YO14 9RD.
The legs (subject to change):
- Helmsley to Helmsley road (7.1m).
- Helmsley road to Sneck Yate (6.5m)
- Sneck Yate to Osmotherly (7.9m)
- Osmotherly to Carlton Bank (7.5m)
- Carlton Bank to Battersby Moor (10.3m)
- Battersby Moor to Gribdale (4.4m)
- Gribdale to Skinningrove (16.1m)
- Skinningrove to Runswick (8.1m)
- Runswick to Ravenscar (18.7m)
- Ravenscar to Cloughton Wyke (5.5m)
- Cloughton Wyke to Scarborough (6.2m)
- Scarborough to Filey (8.4m)
Equipment and safety on the day:
- Route Map and description.
- Water (500ml).
- Trail shoes or trainers with good grip.
- Small backpack.
- Waterproof Jacket.
- Fully charged phone.
- Light snacks.
|Cleveland Way Challenge Entry||29-Jun-2020||22-Jul-2020||£12.00|
Registration open from: 05:15:00