Butser Hill Challenge 2021
19 September 2021
Butser Hill at 889’ is the highest point on the South Downs, overlooking the town of Petersfield and is the natural heart of the South Downs National Park.
This is a demanding grade B Short Fell run with three steep ascents and descents of Butser Hill. Hopefully the weather on the day will be kind and give the runners the chance to enjoy the magnificent views of the surrounding countryside.
The event has a whole morning of Junior events ( approx. 1k, 2k, 3k ) for School years 3 – 11 starting at 09:50 culminating in the approx 5 mile senior race at 12.30.
The course is run on the grassy slopes of Butser and provides a challenge even for the serious fell runner. The views across the countryside are stunning when you reach the north side of the hill.
The atmosphere is fun and friendly attracting a wide range of runners of all abilities. . The senior event of 5m attracts runners of all abilities. Last year’s eldest runner was 73.
Founded in 1978 as one of the first major - and toughest - mass runs, this event pre-dated the first London Marathon and was well before both the Great North Run and Great South Run. It has raised in excess of £200,000 for charities over the years
- In 2012 the event raised in excess of £5,500 for the MND Association
- In 2013 the event raised in excess of £4,000 for Home-Start Butser
- In 2014 the event raised in excess or £5000 for Home-Start Butser
- In 2015 the event raised in excess or £4000 for The Rosemary Foundation
- In 2016 the event raised in excess or £4000 for The Rosemary Foundation
- In 2017 the event raised in excess or £5000 for Fitzroy
- In 2018 the event raised in excess or £7000 for Fitzroy
- In 2019 the event raised in excess or £2500 for Fitzroy
For 2021 we have chosen to support THE NEW BLENDWORTH CENTRE - Home Registered charity number 1152182
Junior ( school yr 3 - 11 ) start at 09:50 medals for all and trophies in each year 1st 3 Girls and 1st 3 Boys
Senior 5m fell run starts 12:30
Medal for all finishers , prizes for individuals in various categories plus Club , School , Corporate and Pub teams
Entries on the day will be taken but £4 extra so please enter before .
|Attached UKA - ARC||07-Jul-2021||18-Sep-2021||£15.00|
Queen Elizabeth Country Park
Registration open from: 11:00:00